By Matt Taylor
**CHANGE OF DATE**
Please note the public event on 15th September is no longer taking place!
The public event will now be held on FRIDAY 20th OCTOBER at CLAIR HALL, Perrymount Road, (opposite new Waitrose), HAYWARDS HEATH. Doors open at 1000, first presentation at 1030, doors close at 1600. £2 for 18’s & over, Under 18’s FREE.
We are a volunteer community group promoting Mid Sussex Military History & Education for residents of all ages. The Mid Sussex RED Military History Event 2017 has been designed to Remember, Educate and Develop knowledge and understanding of the roles people and places in Mid Sussex performed in World Wars I & II. The will be an exhibition, a museum and presentations.
• The Somme 1916 – Remembering Mid Sussex
• The Centenary of Passchendaele 1917-2017 – ‘Mud, Blood & Devastation’
• (1940) The Battle of Britain, The Blitz and Evacuee Story
• (1942) El Alamein - 75thAnniversary – Life in Mid Sussex
• Numerous Exhibitors, Mini Museum of Genuine Artefacts
• Guest speaker presentations on WWI and WWII topics
We will deliver one public event in October. There will also be three SCHOOLS ONLY events (on separate days), for over 1,500 Mid Sussex school children to attend.
Across the six events there will be more than 25 groups displaying artefacts, exhibiting, delivering 20-45 minute presentations relating to the topics.
Please check our website - www.midsussexred.co.uk - for details of confirmed exhibitors and presentations for each event.